Though non-partisan in nature and purpose, Delta understands the importance of, and the need for an informed electorate. Delta’s concern for the public’s “need-to-know” and the enfranchisement of all Americans has been the philosophical basis for public service programs in this area.
Knightdale – Wake Forest Alumnae is committed to being proactive in informing and educating our membership and community on the issues of the day that have the potential to impact their lives. We recognize that the struggle for equality begins with political freedom. Our Political Awareness & Involvement and Social Action committees work together to address issues that affect public policy, economic viability, and social justice.
KWF’s Political Awareness & Involvement Initiatives include the following:
- Candidates Forum
- Census Awareness
- Delta Days in the Nation’s Capital
- Delta Day in the State Capital
- Election Teachable Moments
- Kids Voting
- NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Colored People) Membership Drive
- NCNW (National Council of Negro Women) Membership Drive
- Voter Registration & Voter Education